31/07/2012

...&Banana exotic and south african jewels with a french touch!

May 2012,  by ...&Banana...

...&Banana ,formerly known as Dolce & Banana (we were recently sued by Dolce & Gabbana!) was established 13 years ago in Houtbay ,a picturesque fishermen village outside Cape Town. 
It started with a small shop where I (Mijou a french artist) created shell jewellery as we are in a seaside location and being on a famous tourist route I quickly gained a following . 
The business grew steadily and the jewellery evolved to sophisticated and glamorous but still using natural elements, abalone,gem stones ,wood,horn, feathers etc and incorporating African bead work, fabric bead making,polishing/shaping shells ,crocheting, dyeing beads etc . 
I have trained a team of ladies from the community , and during the busy season their whole families get involved in the creations . I am now looking at establishing a solid online trade which would allow a regular all year employment for all of us and hopefully more !
 
The jewellery appeals to a wide clientele ,from the very sophisticated visitors to the stylish South African ladies . The jewellery is beautifully crafted ,very original and reasonably priced ,I am also looking at introducing other fashion accessories . With an adequate marketing I am totally convinced of great potential of the ...&Banana brand !

Main Road – Houtbay – 7806 - Cape Town- Tel (021) 7900802 
website: www.andbanana.com email: mijou@andbanana.com

image credit by ...&Banana
  
images credit by ...&Banana
 

image credit by ...&Banana